Like many other startups, you are in the search for achieving best results with minimum budget. As a cost effective method, content marketing can boost your marketing efforts if you manage to develop the right content on a consistent basis. And choosing the right content type, is one of the most important decisions that will increase the impact of your content marketing efforts. Below is a list of basic content types with their benefits which can contribute to the overall success of your startup:
A blog is one of the most important assets of your startup. On your blog, you can provide useful information that answers the main questions of your prospects. By sharing valuable content through your blog, you can create an industry expert image for your startup.
- Blog posts are good choices for long content.
- Blogs can pull traffic to your website.
- By using the right keywords in your posts, you can take the advantage of SEO.
- By asking questions at the end of your posts, and answering your reader’s comments, you can have a two-way communication with your prospects, which means feedback for further improvement.
- Each blog post means something to share on social media which increases your engagement with your auidence.
Presentations are among useful content types to share information about your products and services. You can also use presentations when you need to summarize some long contents including a report, a research etc.
- Presentations combine various formats including text, image, audio and video…etc.
- Presentations can catch the eye and make the content easier to remember.
- Presentations help you reflect your creativity and contribute to your brand image.
- In addition to current social media platforms, there is a presentation-specific platform: Slideshare
- When managed effectively, Slideshare can help you get traffic, rank better at search results, get new prospects and build your brand.
If you would like to give detailed information about a product or solution while sharing important insights about your industry, a white paper can be the best option. White papers address an issue or problem and present an effective solution. Including valuable information that is not easy to find with a simple web search in your white papers, helps you position yourself as a reference point in your industry
- White papers are right choices for long content, no fewer than 6 pages
- You can catch a serious tone that reflects your expertise.
- White papers have high conversion rates, which helps you to generate leads
- They provide share-worthy social media content
- White papers constitute brick contents that have a long term value and create resources for new contents including blog posts, social media updates etc.
As the name implies, infographics combine information with graphics. Thus they transform even complicated and boring information into easy-to-grasp and eye-catching content. When detailed explanations are required, a picture may worth tens of words and infographics can convey messages in seconds compared to minutes spent reading.
- Infographics are among the most searched contents on the web and drive traffic to your website.
- Infographics help you reach a broader group of people.
- Infographics can be easily shared on various social media platforms.
- They help you position yourself as a problem solver by providing less time-consuming and memorable content.
- They can help you create a powerful visual identity.
E-books can be defined as electronic forms of printed books. By including in-depth information in their e-books, startups not only provide the knowledge their audience lacks; but also gain credibility in their industry. E-books help startups catch an interactive marketing approach by including links to video, audio and other related contents like blog posts, articles and research reports etc.
- E-books are affordable when compared with paid marketing options like advertising.
- You can easily create them by using your existing content.
- E-books are among evergreen brick content which pull continuous attention.
- You can use e-books to attract subscribers and grow your email list.
- By using e-books, you can establish your authority and expert status.
In general terms, case studies are documented studies of specific real-life situations. In marketing context, they include a business problem, a solution to this problem and insights into how this problem is solved. In other words, case studies have a powerful story behind them which shows your customers how your product or service works in real life. Thus they help your customers to understand how your product or service could benefit them.
- Case studies prove the worth of your product or service with qualitative and quantitative data.
- You can target your ideal customers by including notable customers in your case studies.
- Case studies help you build brand awareness and reputation.
- They are among long lasting content types which enable continuous lead generation.
- Case studies can be promoted in different formats including online content that drives traffic to your websites; and printed content that can be used as a sales material to close deals.
As video consumption continuously rises, video becomes an indispensable component of content marketing strategies. When used strategically, videos help organizations accomplish specific business objectives. As a result of increasing number of platforms that support video, video is one of the most popular content types.
- Customers are willing to consume video since video is a key means for them to satisfy their information and entertainment needs.
- Videos contribute to your brand awareness by increasing your online visibility.
- Videos have high conversion rates when compared with other content types.
- Audiences are more likely to engage with video content which means more shares and reaching more people.
- By using video, you can simplify complex processes, explain your products and solutions and educate your target audience.
Webinars are live online presentations during which participants can interact with the presenter. They usually combine slides with audio or video and include informative content. Webinars can help startups to differentiate since they are among exceptional content tools that deliver lasting value.
- Webinars allow you establish credibility since they are perceived as qualified and educational content.
- They are also great tools to boost engagement with your audience.
- Webinars provide an opportunity to promote your product or service and potentially gain new clients.
- Webinars contribute to lead generation when you make recordings available to subscribers.
- Webinars can be transformed into different content formats like white papers, Slideshare presentations and recorded videos.
Podcasts are digital audio files which are available as a series and can be distributed over the Internet. Podcasts let you talk directly to your audience in a way that helps you to be perceived as an actual person. This can contribute to stronger engagement and a powerful relationship with your audience.
- Podcasts are easy to consume; they don’t take your audience away from their work. Anyone can listen to a podcast while cooking or driving.
- Podcasts are easy to create with a simple microphone and a recording program. Since they do not require complicated equipment, they are inexpensive.
- They can be easily transformed into other type of content like blog posts, articles and presentations.
- As relatively less consumed content types, podcasts help you differentiate your startup by talking to your audience directly with a personal tone.
- Podcasts are convenient for guest content like interviews. Interviewing with an industry expert, pulls your audience’s attention and helps you gain credibility.